Monday, July 25, 2005
The Last Letter : Story of a HERO


While flipping thru the TV channels on late Sunday evening, i paused on NDTV which was showing a programe on the Kargil War. The main view of the programe was on how ' TV Reporters' helped in bringing the true reality of the war to our TV sets and how it helped India prove to the world leaders the TRUE NATURE of the Pakistani Government.
During the show, they showed a mother of an army officer who sacrifised his life for our country reading out a letter written by her son. The officer was Captain Vijyant Thapar. Moments before the final assault, Capt. Vijyant Thapar (Robin) left this letter at the war front base, to be handed over to his family :
"DEAREST PAPA, MUMMY, BIRDIE, AND GRANNY,
By the time you will get this letter, I'll be observing you all from the sky, enjoying the hospitality of Apsaras. I have no regrets, infact even if I become a human again, I'll join the army and fight for my nation. If you can, please come and see where the Indian army fought for your tomorrow."
The look on the mother's face and her voice gave me the most errry feeling. It was like as if she was going thru the moment of reading the letter for the very first time. BUT there were no tears ONLY a broad smile and the feeling of pride on her face.
Capt. Vijyant Thapar was only 22 yrs old and died of a bullet shot to his head while fighting to capture the KNOLL HILL from the Pakistani soliders.
He was awarded the Vir Chakra in 1999 which was received by his grandmother.
Stories of the brave soliders like Capt. Vijyant Thapar makes me wonder
' DO WE BELONG TO THE SAME LAND AS THEM ??? '.
JAI HIND.
More info on : Capt. Vijyant Thapar
posted at 7/25/2005 01:22:00 PM | comments (2) | permalink

2 comments:

  1. The link to more info on the Captain, takes me to a microsoft page.

    Could you check ?
     — Anonymous arzan, at 7/26/2005 07:11:00 AM 

  2. The Link is working now. Thanks for informing me.
     — Blogger Sakshi, at 7/26/2005 11:30:00 AM 

Post a Comment

Just Me
Previous Posts
Monthly Archives
My Blogs
I Owe It to
I Simply Love
Added Features




Google
Web To Each Its Own !







 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com



Get Firefox!

 Blog Top Sites



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!