Friday, July 22, 2005
We Love Our Pets !!
I alwaz use to think that i was one of the few people who would go thru any lenghts for the comfort of their pets. My family thinks i am obssessed with my dog 'Spike' ( brown spotted Dalmation), half of my salary every month is spent on his DOG TREATS, VET VISIT, GROOMING, etc. Plus my Sunday every wk is devoted to him from giving him a bath, to hand feeding him and taking him across the town to DOGGY PARK to meet his friends.
BUT i stand no where compared to these guys.
Read on -
‘I don’t own my Lhasa apso. She owns me,” declares 25 year-old Mili Gandhi. It’s not just Bipasha Basu who goes shopping for her Chihuahua at Harrods, London.
Most pet owners in the city spend obscene sums on their ‘cuties’ and aren’t ashamed to confess that they will happily surrender to pet demands.

The Fish Guy

Randolph Corriea (22), a musician who lives in Bandra owns a Pakistani Loach (a fish with tiger stripes) called Hashish.
Cuteness quotient: 10/10
Obsessive regime: It’s a real pain trying to get live bait. I have to keep checking with the stores and have to go buy it at odd hours sometimes, depending on when it is available. But it’s worth it because nothing is too good for Hashish. These days I’ve been feeling guilty because I haven't been able to give him a lot of time.
Extravagant buys: I take special pains to acquire good driftwood for the tank which is really hard to come by. It’s not so much the money, but the effort that goes into it.


Cat Women

Smita Vengurlekar (22) owns 4 four stray cats: Brownie, Kalu Junior, Kalu Senior and Blackie

Cuteness quotient: Brownie-6/10. Unlike other tom cats, he is shy as hell. Kalu Junior–7/10. You should see him snuggle up in the inflatable tub. Kalu Senior–8/10. He is snooty; won’t sit on the same sofa with the rest. Blackie–8/10. She is ever-energetic.

Obsessive regime: My family members sit on a floor mat while the cats lounge on the sofa. The first bite of any dessert is sampled by the cat family, before being passed on to us humans.

Extravagant buys: None. Clothing causes them discomfort.
Andheri resident Mili Gandhi loves her 4 year-old Lhasa apso Angel to death

Pampared Pooch

Cuteness quotient: 11/10 (!) She’s an intellectual dog, and that makes her desirable. We talk to her in Sindhi, Marathi and English and she responds to all three. Angel is a multi-lingual dog.
Obsessive regime: She’s taken to Tailwaggers Salon, a dog parlour at Bandra for grooming, bathing, a hair cut. I’ve enrolled her for aroma therapy sessions too.
Extravagant buys: A tear-stain remover. She’s champagne-coloured and tear stains close to the eyes look awful. My mother also got a gold and silver locket made with her name etched on it.

Confessions of a dangerous mind: We all suffer from OAD (Obsessive Angel Disorder) syndrome (laughs).

* Source : Mid-day
___________________________________________________________________



Spike the sexy STUD


Cuteness quotient: 10/10. He is a very good looking Dalmation. I dont say so, BUT everyone at the Doggy Park says that.
Obsessive regime: Giving him bath with 'PANTENE' shampoo every Sunday. His trip to Bandra's Doggy Park in the evening.
Extravagant buys: A doggy deoderant which costs Rs. 1100. Doggy Treat, Collors. My best friend got a doggy collar made from designer leather with his name engraved on it.

Confessions of a dangerous mind: Not allowed to take him in the house BUT when mum's not around he sits nicely on the couch under the AC.

posted at 7/22/2005 03:34:00 PM | comments (3) | permalink

3 comments:

  1. Your blog was very interesting as i also love pets.Besides it was well organised & you made it very interesting.I liked some of the dogs as they looked very good.
    Good job done!
     — Blogger tushar, at 7/26/2005 12:01:00 AM 

  2. Hi!
    I am doing reserach on various ways to reduce fat from over all bodyand alos spot.
    I am setting up a multilingual website on liposuction

    http://www.liposuction-liposuccion.com

    Any suggestions and criticism is welcomed.
    Please send your comments alta@vsnl.net

    Regards,
    Arindam
     — Blogger liposuction surgery guide, at 7/17/2006 02:44:00 PM 

  3. Hi!
    I am doing reserach on various ways to reduce fat from over all bodyand alos spot.
    I am setting up a multilingual website on liposuction

    http://www.liposuction-liposuccion.com

    Any suggestions and criticism is welcomed.
    Please send your comments alta@vsnl.net

    Regards,
    Arindam
     — Blogger liposuction surgery guide, at 7/17/2006 02:45:00 PM 

Post a Comment

Just Me
Previous Posts
Monthly Archives
My Blogs
I Owe It to
I Simply Love
Added Features




Google
Web To Each Its Own !







 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com



Get Firefox!

 Blog Top Sites



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!