Now dont get me wrong...its not that i am a alcoholic or something like that..i am just an occasional drinker. I mostly have couple of drinks during an outing with friends or at a family function.
Its just at a recent outing to one of suburban nightclub..i noticed many cocktail drinks on the menu list that i had never heard or had before. But the most amusing factor were the names given to these drinks. I know this is not new but these new names and drinks take simple cocktail drink to a completely new level. Those days of names like Bloody Mary, Long Island Ice Tea are definately gone...
Now obviously the name does have some sort of a relationship with drink. It could be based on the ingredients used or simply based on the final look and feel of the drink.
Sample these -
1. Sex on the Beach (Very famous) : Peach Schnapps + Vodka + cranberry Juice + Orange Juice + Pineapple juice.
2. Death Certificate : Kahlua + Bacardi Rum + Vanilla Ice Cream + Tobassco Sauce
3. Bloody Lip : Cherry Liqueur + Vodka
4. Mojito : Rum + Club Soda + Ginger Ale + Lime + Mint + Sugar Syrup
5. Brain Tumor : Bailey + Peach Schnapps + Grenadine
6. Stock Market Crash : Rum + Goldschagar + Coca Cola
7. Horny Monkey : Banana Liqueur + Sambuka Black
8. Broken Heart : Grenadine + Orange Juice + Vodka + Chamboard
9. Hot and Spicy Men : Jack Daniels + Jim Beam + Rum + Schnapps + Dr. Pepper
10. Punch in the Stomach : Hawaiian Punch + Sprite + Pineapple Juice
One question that comes to mind :
Do people buy these drinks cause they like the mixeses in it or just cause the name sounds saucy & funny ?
PS : Another funny name cocktail that i use to have usually in Sydney was called QF (Quick Fuck) made of Bailey + Kahlua + Melon Liqueur. Weird....you should try it out...