Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Tortopotamus....a true story.

A baby-hippopotamus nicknamed "Owen", that survived the tsumani waves on the Kenyan coast has formed a strong bond with a giant male century-old tortoise, in an animal facility in the port city of Mombasa.

"It is incredible. A-less-than-a-year-old hippo has adopted a male tortoise, about a century old, and the tortoise seems to be very happy with being a 'mother'," ecologist Paula Kahumbu said.

More on this...

I am sure you must have heard many stories about dog puppies been taken care by a cat or the other way round. But these two definately make an unsual pair.

This reminds me of a song taught to my newphew in his Juniour Kg. class...this is the way it goes....

'I am Hippy the Hippo,
Swimming in the pool.
I am so happy,
In the pool so cool.'

posted at 8/16/2005 01:16:00 PM | comments (1) | permalink

1 comments:

  1. REally cool :)

    keep posting.

    i be your blogs regular reader :)

    Rajmahendra
     — Blogger Rajmahendra, at 8/20/2005 12:22:00 PM 

Post a Comment

Just Me
Previous Posts
Monthly Archives
My Blogs
I Owe It to
I Simply Love
Added Features




Google
Web To Each Its Own !







 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com



Get Firefox!

 Blog Top Sites



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!