In the continuing mental process of sorting, storing and discarding, there is a tendency to reduce conceptual thought to its simplest form. Within the functions of memory, the slogan acts as a handle. It is a mnemonically structured device which is a conscious or unconscious effort to hook into the reader's subconscious. Used effectively, it can succeed as no other single element in advertising can. It is the only aspect of an advertisement which has the chance of becoming a contemporary figure of speech or part of everyday speech patterns. Its success, and the resultant realized dream of becoming a household word, is usually accomplished by repetition, regardless of correct grammar or even of questionable benefits or common sense.
Now the above is what i learnt during my Bachelors in Business (marketing) degree at UWS, Australia. The reason why i am quoting the above is because i have come up with a list of slogans for certain entities. Most of you may consider this, as my lamest list till date....but yaar...pls understand that i am running low on ideas which is in-turn effecting my creativity. But i am compelled to put up a list since i am a self-confessed List-a-holic.
Maybe..you could suggest a few List ideas in the comments section.
Anywaz...here is the Slogan List :
1. Indian Cricket Team - 'Future's Grim, the Future's Black'.
2. BJP + RSS alliance - 'Its fun to play together'.
3. Microsoft Corp. - 'How much are you going to pay today?'
4. Indian Airlines - 'Join our frequent near-miss program, NOW !'
5. Shaadi.Com - 'With you always, thru Marriage-Divorce-Remarriage'.
6. Red Bull energy drink - 'Forever Zombie'.
7. Reliance Group of Industries - 'Mere babuji ka sapna, karo paraya maal apna'.
8. Lux Soap (after Shahrook ad) - 'Because he's worth it'.
9. American Army Recruitment Agency - 'Join the army ! travel the world, meet interesting people, and kill them'.
10. Manish Malhotra Creations - 'Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster'.
11. Mumbai Roads - 'You never learn to swear, until you ride here'.
12. Mumbai Police - 'We would like to help you out. Which way did you come in?'
13. Cricket Betting Association - 'A bar girl a day helps you work, rest and play'.
(Disclaimer : for the ones who think the list doesnot make sense, kindly refer to paragraph 1.)